Friday, April 17, 2009

Pre-Match Buzz: Chelsea, on Barca

Ex-Barca star and mega-hottie, Chelsea’s Deco, has spoken about the upcoming Champions League clash between his current club and his former one. His point of focus was our star Lionel Messi, saying: “At the moment, Leo is almost impossible to stop. He is an incredible player and if he is on form, we can only wait and see who has the ability to stop him.”

Deco also stressed his continued friendship with Leo as well as the rest of our boys: “Leo Messi is incredible. He is one of my best friends and I know him well.”
.
“I still have a great deal of affection for Barca. I was very happy there and I cannot help but think fondly about that stage of my life. I also have great memories of the city of Barcelona and of Catalonia and in fact, whenever I get the chance, I will go back to my house there and visit my friends.”

Even though he left Barca, Deco is forever one of the stars of our team, and whether for his remarkable history with the club or his amazing good looks, we can’t help but love him. That’s why we find it so heart-warming to hear about his closeness with the team and his ongoing relationship with them, and we’re really looking forward to seeing him back on Camp Nou. Hiddink better not keep him on the bench for this one; even if it does mean having to face our beloved Deco, we’re too excited by the prospect of seeing him among our boys again.

Now, getting back to Chelsea, how do the rest of the Blues feel about facing Barca? Their manager, Gus Hiddink, has remarked on the upcoming match, saying: “Barcelona are a very advanced team, very skilful who know how to handle the pace. I like their football philosophy. They're a team that likes to play attacking football. They are top, so it'll be difficult to play them.”

As for the players, Chelsea forward Frank Lampard, for one, is actually quite psyched for the match. “Yeah, they have got some decent strikers and a good right-winger, but I can’t wait to play them at the Nou Camp. I remember playing there for the first time and it was fantastic. They are a great team and the arena is fantastic. If you can’t get up for that then there is something wrong with you.”

Well, it’s good to see that he acknowledges the awesomeness of our players and our pitch. Lampsy darling, we’re as excited about facing you as you are about facing us, but you mustn’t be too upset once our boys cream you and your mates, alright?

No comments:

Post a Comment